Message: Cindy Dawson
“The Book of the Twelve”
WELCOME BACK, Donna Jerz, flutist from the Clear Lake Symphony! For the service this morning Donna will perform the prelude, “Minuet” by Telemann (1681-1767) and ” Berceuse” by Faure’ (1845-1924), the offertory, “Siciliano” by JS Bach (1685-1750), and the postlude, “Bourrée” by Handel (1685-1759).
OUR SENIOR PASTOR, David Bridges, is on Sabbatical this summer and will return to our worship on September 15th. Please feel free to reach out to our associate pastor, Bobby Kirkpatrick, while David is away. We invite you to pray for David to be refreshed and renewed through his Sabbatical experience.
OPEN GYM for kids 3 years through 5th grade takes place on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. in the Friends Center through July 31st. The cost this year is $4 per child per session. Children under 3 are welcome to attend with a parent at no charge.
SUMMER OFFICE SCHEDULE: In order to save on costs over the summer months, the church office will be closed on the following Thursdays: July 11th, 18th & 25th and August 1st & 8th. We’ll be back to our regular schedule for the start of the school year.
REMINDER: “SUMMER SUNDAYS” WITH “BREAKFAST & COMMON PRAYER” will be taking place through August 4th. Everyone is invited to come enjoy breakfast, which will be served at 9:00 a.m., followed by a brief, intergenerational liturgy of song, scripture and prayer which will be led by different individuals or families each week. This time is something in which children 1st grade and up could easily participate; children younger than 1st grade can be taken to the nursery following breakfast, at about 9:25. Sunday School classes will resume for the fall on August 11th for Promotion Sunday.
FAMILY PROMISE: Our next week to host guests from Family Promise will be July 14th-21st. We need lots of volunteers to help make this ministry a success. Here are some ways that you can help.
· Provide all or part of one of the evening meals, or breakfast on Saturday the 20th.
· Stay overnight at the church one night (we need 2 people each night).
· Help with childcare on Tuesday evening, July 16th while the parents are in class (students who help can get volunteer credit for NHS or Scouts)
· Help set up beds and linens on Sunday afternoon, July 14th.
· Assist with tearing down beds and setting up Sunday school rooms at 8 a.m. on Sunday, July 21st. Your help with this ministry is greatly appreciated! If you have questions or would like to sign up to help, please contact Desiree at 281-731-7074 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or Beth Skeeter at 713-501-3857 or email@example.com.