Friendswood Friends Church Tropical Storm Harvey Recovery Operations Daily Report
Date: 31 August 2017
This daily report is being written to keep all of those that are interested in the Friendswood Friends Church Tropical Storm Harvey recovery operations effort informed of our activities.
Our efforts today included activities at seven (7) different locations and involved approximately 55 volunteers. A lot of the volunteers worked a full day today and this resulted in approximately 341 hours of work. Progress was made at all locations with three of these locations scheduled for completion on Friday.
The primary activities and accomplishments for 31 August 2017, consisted of:
• A morning meeting was held at 7:30 am to preview the day’s events with work teams.
• An area for storage of donated cleaning supplies in the Education Building was determined.
• Initial remedial work is continuing on our list of FFC members flooded homes.
• The details of the Transportation Ministry and a list of volunteer drivers is are being worked out.
• Phone and internet service at FFC is still down.
• A FFC Child Care Ministry has been set up in the FFC Friends Center from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm during our recovery operations. Call Kody Shepherd at 713-882-1789 for details.
1. Local volunteers to assist with initial flooded home remedial work. Each volunteer asked to bring their own equipment if they have it such as: sturdy work gloves, sturdy work shoes, safety glasses, Sawzall, small pry bar, and hammer. If you do not have this equipment we will take you anyway.
2. Cleaning Supplies: Clorox type bleach, pump sprayers, shop vacs, brooms, dust pans, spray bottles, garbage bags, and utility knives.
3. Other supplies needed: moving boxes for removing items from flooded homes.
Over the next week FFC will be working to provide initial remedial flood recovery support for affected FFC members. When schools and businesses re-open after the Labor Day Weekend, many of our current work team will have to go back to their regular jobs and workplaces. At that time FFC will re-assess our work team support needs and determine our support requirements.
The near term local weather in Friendswood will be good enough for recovery efforts to continue.
Points of Contact
Tom Samson, FFC Recovery Response and Donations Coordinator at 281-221-1320.
Molly Black, FFC Recovery Response Communications at 832-860-0992.
Moe Mayes, The City of Friendswood Emergency Operations Center (EOC) Faith Based Organizations Coordinator, 281-236-7080.
Tony Daniels, FFC Transportation Ministry Coordinator, 281-731-1132.
Kody Shepherd, FFC Child Care Ministry, 713-882-1789