This sermon is based on Matthew 11:28-30(CEB)
28 “Come to me, all you who are struggling hard and carrying heavy loads, and I will give you rest. 29 Put on my yoke, and learn from me. I’m gentle and humble. And you will find rest for yourselves. 30 My yoke is easy to bear, and my burden is light.”
- Go to bed 30 minutes earlier every night for a month.
- Park the furthest from the entrance to the store you are entering and get some extra steps.
- Use the stairs instead of elevator whenever possible.
- Add a new vegetable to your diet.
- Go to bed at the same time each evening.
MARGIN IN TIME
- Leave for appointments 15 minutes ahead of when you need to.
- Schedule at least one night a week to do nothing.
- Add a larger buffer zone in between your appointments.
- Schedule your entertainment times for the month and don’t add more (allow yourself an exception).
- Eat out less often.
- Buy things used.
- Go to a free museum or sporting event instead of one that requires purchasing tickets.
- Keep your appliances until they die.
- Turn off the TV, stereo and all phones during dinner with your spouse or family.
- Focus on the people who are right in front of you. Don’t let your eyes stray from them. Don’t let your thoughts stray from them. Listen to them without thinking of what you will say next.
- Play a table game instead of a video game.
- Put phone calls to friends on your calendar so you don’t forget them. Make those calls a priority.
- Create time in your schedule to meet new people.