We are people who have been created and loved by God, who look to Jesus for salvation, and who seek to be led by the Spirit.
To Love, Learn, and Listen
We commit ourselves to LOVE God with all our hearts, minds, souls and strength—and our neighbors as ourselves.”
- We express our love for God though authentic worship and obedient living.
- We develop the characteristics of listening, forgiveness, hospitality, generosity, and mercy in order to love others thoroughly.
- We embrace others quickly; we recognize that God leads people toward maturity at different rates and through various means.
- We evangelize worldwide because we love all of God’s people. We partner with God to expand God’s kingdom through education, economic development, health care and church planting in Mexico, Indonesia, China, Rwanda and India.
- We look for ways to exercise our spiritual gifts in order to serve the body of Christ and the community around us.
(Deuteronomy 6:5; Matthew 22:36-40, 20:28; Micah 6:8; 1 Cor 12:4-7; Col 3:12-17)
We commit ourselves to LEARN how to follow Jesus.”
- We pursue life-long spiritual growth because the salvation we receive through Jesus is a present and progressive experience that provides a foretaste of eternal life.
- We engage in practices that allow God to shape and form us so that our lives look more and more like Jesus’ life.
- We provide opportunities for everyone to learn and grow through educational experiences, bible study, prayer, spiritual direction, small groups, retreats, service, and other activities.
(Proverbs 1:5; Deuteronomy 11:18-19; 2 Corinthians 3:18; 2 Timothy 2:15; Romans 12:2; Ephesians 4:11-16; 2 Pet 1:5-8; Phil 2:12-13)
We commit ourselves to LISTEN carefully and intentionally.”
- We foster listening habits, through practicing things like silence, solitude and prayer in order to hear the Holy Spirit—our ever-present guide and source of all truth.
- We listen to each other, because every person has value and can be God’s instrument to teach us truth.
- We seek to understand more than to be understood.
(Proverbs 10:19, 17:27; James 1:19; John 14:26, 16:13; Psalm 46:10; Luke 5:16)