About FFC Student Ministries
Student Ministries at Friendswood Friends Church looks a little bit different than it did before the pandemic. Thankfully, nothing can stop us from worshiping God in new and creative ways. We trust these “new and creative ways” are just as spiritually formative as other faithful acts of worship in the past. The outward activities look different, but the inward reality and intention are the same: we’re learning how to faithfully love God and our neighbors (Matthew 22:35-40; Mark 12:28-34; Luke 10:25-28).
reGENERATION is a gathering of students ages 13-19 for the purpose of spiritual formation. This event consists of fellowship, workshops with an emphasis on discipleship methods, worship, and some games. I highly recommend reGENERATION!
- Dates: December 28th – January 2nd
- Cost: $300, plus money for meals on the road ($50 should do it).
- Location: YMCA of the Rockies, Estes Park, CO.
- Scholarships are available.
- Deadline: You have until Dec 8 to register before the late fee kicks in; registration officially closes on Dec 12 at 11:59pm.
Register for reGENERATION: This link will take you to the registration page, but please read these instructions before clicking it. You will notice two differences between the information I provided above and the registration page: dates and cost. Due to distance, our trip is necessarily longer and more expensive. To register: (1) click the link above, (2) select “tickets,” (3) choose 1 ticket from the dropdown menu under “pay by invoice,” (4) once inside, fill out your child’s information and make sure to once again select “pay by invoice.” (5) Finally, send a check to Friendswood Friends Church for the total cost, $300. ($300 includes hotels, registration, and food at the resort).
- Clothes for five days (bring Colorado-in-December type clothes).
- A heavy winter jacket.
- Money for road meals ($50 should do it).
- Swim suit (I’ll try to rent a hotel with an indoor pool).
- Medical release form.
Text Message Reminders:
The best way to receive updates is to sign up for Remind. How do I sign up, you ask? I’m so glad you asked. Here are two ways to sign up:
- On your iPhone or Android phone, open your web browser and go to this link (rmd.at/ffcstudent). Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind. You’ll be prompted to download the mobile app.
- If you don’t have a smartphone, get text notifications by texting the message @ffcstudent to the number 81010. If you’re having trouble with 81010, try texting @ffcstudent to (856) 347-4497.
- What & Who: 6th – 8th grade weekly gathering for games, fellowship, and a short lesson (and snacks!).
- When & Where: Sunday nights, 6:00 – 7:00 pm, in the Friends Center (gym building).
- What & Who: This is the largest High School gathering of the week. We’ll have games, fellowship, and interactive lessons on important biblical and topical issues, taught by students and adults.
- When & Where: Sunday nights, 7:30 – 9:00 pm, in the Friends Center (gym building).
Kolaches and Common Prayer
- What & Who: Weekly morning prayer (and breakfast) for 6th-12th grade.
- When & Where: Thursday mornings, 7:45 – 8:15am, at Josiah’s house (1016 W Castlewood Dr, Friendswood).
Junior High Bible Quiz
- What & Who: 7th – 8th grade weekly practice with competitions in the spring semester. Bible Quiz is a fun, challenging, and in-depth way for students to study and memorize Scripture. Churches in our denomination meet 4-5 times in the spring to compete with one another. Team identity, competition, study and travel all unite in Bible Quiz to create a tight-knit community between students and adults leaders, as well as memories that will last a lifetime. Contact Josiah if your 7th or 8th grade student is interested.
- When & Where: Sunday nights upstairs in the Friends Center (gym building), 4:45 – 6:00pm, beginning October 17th.
- Parent meeting hosted at the church on October 3rd from 5:00 – 5:45pm.
- What & Who: 6th-12th grade gathering to study the stories of the Bible that continue to shape our lives and the world around us. Donuts provided!
- When & Where: Sunday mornings in the Friends Center (gym building), 9:00 – 9:45am just before worship at 10:00am, beginning August 15th.
Student Ministries Calendar
To add our Student Ministries calendar to your calendar app, simply click the subscribe button. As new events are added, they will be automatically synced to your calendar app. If you ever need to cancel your subscription to our calendar, this can easily be done in your calendar app’s settings.
Student Ministries Photo Gallery